- The iconic building at Brussels Airport, now fully and sustainably renovated as a truly unique event location.
- The perfect setting for premium events, such as product launches, team and customer events, lectures, exhibitions, press conferences, etc.
- Located at the very heart of Europe, and conveniently accessible by car, train or bus, or by air for your international guests.
What Skyhall has to offer you
- A premium event location with outstanding architectural allure and a breath-taking view of the aircraft and the runways.
- 6,100 m2 of meeting space, spread over two floors
- Level 1 (level -1): 2,900 m2
- Level 2 (ground floor): 3,100 m2
- Capacity for up to 2,500 people.
- The perfect set-up for your specific audience (seating, standing, tables, etc.).
- Easily accessible by car, public transport, and of course by air.
- The 4* Sheraton Hotel, offering luxury accommodation to your guests, is within walking distance.
- An excellent selection of local catering services to match your needs and budget.
- An experienced customer service team, at your service before, during and after your event.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TURN YOUR EVENT INTO A HIGH-FLYING SUCCESS?
Send us your contact details – you can use the contact form or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – and a member of our Skyhall team will get in touch with you to discuss all the possibilities and services we can offer. We will then send you a detailed plan, fully customised to your audience and needs.
- Check out our brochure to learn more about what we and our preferred partners can offer you.
A GATEWAY TO THE WORLD: DISCOVER THE RICH HISTORY OF SKYHALL
The ’Skyhall’, a gem of post-war modernism in our country, has been completely renovated and is now ready for your unforgettable and exclusive events!
In 1958, the world was focused on Brussels as it hosted the World Exhibition, showcasing the very best of post-war excellence. All those flocking to Belgium were greeted by a new airport – designed by three of Belgium’s top architects, Maxime Brunfaut, Géo Bontinck and Joseph Moutschen. It was a breath-taking sight and set the stage for the innovations waiting at Expo ’58.
The functional, modern airport complex was constructed logically around an imposing transit hall. That hall measures 100 m long and 55 m wide. And 18 m above it all hangs an aluminium roof construction that seems to float in the air, supported by elegant A-shaped columns. The sweep of the roof drags the eye to the glass façade, which becomes a window to the skies.
As more and more aircraft made use of those skies, the capacity of the Skyhall became insufficient to handle all the travellers passing through Brussels Airport. New terminals were built, and gradually, the Skyhall fell into disuse. But it was obvious that this masterpiece of functional design had to be preserved for future generations.
And so the airport authorities launched a radical and extensive renovation programme to prepare the building for a second life – this time as a spacious and imposing conference and event centre.
A major renovation programme was initiated, with the focus firmly on sustainability. All the glass in the façades was replaced with high efficiency glass. Additional insulation was added in the roof, together with a state-of-the-art air conditioning and fire prevention system. All the light fittings have been thoroughly cleaned and resprayed and now feature the very latest energy-saving LED lighting. And wherever possible, existing elements have been retained, such as the balustrades and the natural stone floors.
Today, Skyhall continues its tradition of hosting the world. As a premium event hall at the heart of Europe. Meeting the very highest demands of comfort and safety. And providing a truly unique experience. One that guests are unlikely to forget.
Would you like to share this experience with your guests?
Then please contact us. We will be delighted to discuss your needs in detail with you.
Do you want to find out more about Skyhall? Please leaf through our book here